As an introduction to Hook + Ladder and this role that we are looking to fill, please watch this video – CLICK HERE
- Participate in and lead initial outreach efforts via phone, email and other applicable channels in an effort to schedule initial discovery meetings with our target buyers who have an expressed need/pain point(s)
- Update and manage CRM, ensuring that all files are accurate and up to date
- Participate in initial discovery meetings alongside relevant members of the Hook + Ladder team.
- Participate in an ongoing effort to better define our ideal client’s typical needs and pain points by transferring your learnings after speaking with prospects.
- Develop a deep understanding and smooth articulation of our service provision and the problems they are in place to solve.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings to go over activity numbers and explore wins, needs, and offer “experience-share” support.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develop proposals and lead proposal presentation meetings.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Compensation & Scope Stages:
There are 3 stages for this position which you could either progress through sequentially or remain at a stage that fits best with your schedule and lifestyle:
Stage 1: Conduct cold outreach (phone and email) to generate initial interest amongst our target audience and turn that interest into an initial discovery call with a member of our strategic accounts team. You are offered a commission in exchange for all leads you generate who turn into a converted client.
Stage 1 Compensation: A commission fee will be paid to you for all leads that you generate who turn into converted clients. Commission percentages will be discussed within the interview process.
Stage 2: In addition to cold outreach you would now participate as a more active member of the business development team. This would involve your participation in active sales strategy refinement and increased touch points with client leads through the sales funnel including discovery, proposals and securing a signed service agreement
Stage 2 Compensation: Base Salary + Commission
Stage 3: In stage 3 you will participate in the same activities outlined in stage 1 and 2 and your responsibility will increase to include supporting and managing a new sales team
Stage 3 Compensation: Increased Base Salary + Commission
Sales Representative Qualifications/Skills:
You know, all the obvious things…
- Prospecting skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
- Motivation for sales
- Customer service skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Formal Post Secondary Education → Doesn’t matter, Not Required
- Three to five years of industry sales experience
If you’re interested in joining the team, please shoot a video and send it to [email protected] with the Subject Header “I Love Sales – [Your First and Last Name]”