Hook & Ladder is a cutting-edge digital marketing agency where we define and co-create a path to success with each client individually. Our mission is to build greatness together, not just as another run-of-the-mill marketing vendor, but as a true partner dedicated to empowering our clients with unparalleled digital marketing prowess within the first 12 months. We achieve this by blending our expertise in industry trends and consumer behaviour to provide strategies and solutions that proactively solve problems and seize opportunities.
We take immense pride in fostering an environment that nurtures growth and unleashes the boundless creativity of our team. We want you to relish the work you’re doing and feel confident that it is creating a lasting impact.
Are you ready to immerse yourself in a collaborative, results-driven team? Are you eager to build digital marketing systems that create high-impact outcomes for our clients using evidence-based strategies? If the answer is a resounding yes, then this might be the place for you!
We’re looking for an experienced SEO Specialist to take our client’s digital presence to the next level! The SEO Specialist has the following roles and accountabilities:
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance.
- Efficiently communicate with internal/external teams to align on SEO goals.
- Client communication of our strategies, performance, and deliverables.
- Closely collaborate with the web development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly followed throughout website content.
- Perform ongoing keyword research, discovery and optimization for new SEO keywords to use throughout the company website and marketing materials.
- Perform competitor analysis to uncover competitor SEO efforts and report on insights.
- Perform ongoing on-page SEO optimization of newly created content pieces or new pages for client websites.
- Support the implementation of changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Recommend upcoming content pieces to create for clients to increase traffic (blogs and lead magnets).
- Support on the delivery of quarterly reports and planning documentation that are fully transparent of our work and success from the previous quarter and clearly outline our strategies for next quarter.
- Effectively forecast performance and set SEO growth goals.
- Contribute SEO thought leadership internally and with your client.
- Build authority skills such as Backlink strategy and implementation, Link Building, PR, etc.
- Conduct outreach campaigns to identify and secure high-quality backlinks from relevant websites, influencers, and bloggers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key contacts in the industry and the media to increase brand awareness and visibility.
- Monitor and analyze the impact of link-building efforts on organic traffic and rankings.
- Stay updated on the latest SEO trends, tools, and best practices.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience in Search Engine Optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Expert knowledge of technical, on-page & off-page SEO strategies and implementation.
- Experience with Google Search Console.
- Expert-level experience with WordPress and SEO tools/plugins.
- Working knowledge of Elementor for WordPress.
- Experience reporting with Looker Studio.
- Knowledge using tools like Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google My Business, Google Analytics, Moz, and Semrush.
- Excellent communication and outreach skills to build and maintain relationships with relevant websites, influencers, and bloggers.
- Proven track record of creating and executing successful link-building campaigns that increase organic traffic and rankings.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Project management & self-organization skills.
- Creative & strategic thinking to develop and execute effective SEO campaigns and content ideas.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset to work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Attention to detail and quality assurance to ensure SEO standards and best practices are met.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and verbal) and Spanish (optional).
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Coding and local SEO knowledge.
- A desire to work with other top performers tackling bigger challenges and achievements than what you have had experience with.
- A desire to build a rewarding and impactful career and a drive to push yourself to the next level while empowering others along the way.
- Located in Colombia or Venezuela.
WHY WORK HERE:
Our purpose is to ignite potential for those ready to GROW. We take immense pride in fostering an environment that nurtures growth and unleashes the boundless creativity of our team. We want you to be fulfilled, relish the work you’re doing and feel confident that it is creating a lasting impact. Here’s what you can expect when you join our team:
- Flexible work location (remote or in-person if you like).
- Flexible schedule (focus on results – not time!).
- Health benefits for you and your family.
- Autonomy to lead and innovate in your zone of genius.
- 3 weeks of paid time off, plus flex days to recharge and take that well-deserved break.
- In-person events and opportunities to truly connect with the team.
- The opportunity to connect with a diverse team of people from over 5 countries.
- Our commitment to invest in your career with ongoing training and coaching to support your growth and development.
- Regular 1:1’s with your team Lead for open communication and support to remove roadblocks.
- We play the Great Game of Business! We believe that when our team wins, the company wins. We give our team a stake in the outcome and work together towards their successful financial future.
- We implement CliftonStrengths to help our team discover their unique set of talents and learn how to leverage them to achieve success in their personal and professional lives. We focus on what you do best and build on your strengths rather than trying to fix your weaknesses.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this position, please submit your application here highlighting your qualifications and experience. We look forward to hearing from you!